LiveOn TV Application
LiveOn TV is a lightweight TV application that runs on Android and Android TV devices. The application is based on our market proven Inaris DVB/IPTV Solution and supports live TV functionality for DVB-C2/T2/S2, DVB-I and IPTV. It runs on many different Android TV devices and supports SAT>IP for remote tuner access. Besides live TV functionality, also remote channel management, HbbTV and Teletext is supported. The application is perfectly suited for all kinds of in-house TV distributions e.g. at broadcasters.
Features & Benefits
- 10-foot User Interface based on the Leanback library
- Supports multiple Free-To-Air sources:
– DVB-C2/T2/S2 via SAT>IP
– DVB-I with DVB-DASH
– RTP Multicast
– HLS Streaming
- Channel Scan and Channel Sorting
- Integrated HbbTV functionality using our Inaris HbbTV Solution for Android
- Android Launcher Channel
- LiveOnTV is running on the powerful NVIDIA Shield platform and many other standard Android TV platforms.
- Seamless integration into Android TV brings the best of both worlds: Linear TV and OTT streaming.
- HbbTV brings additional broadcast related content via IP without installing native applications.
- Extendable and Customizable: We offer to implement specific features and UI changes on request.
LiveOn TV for Productive Deployments and Prototyping
Client for In-House Distributions
The Austrian Broadcaster ORF is using LiveOn TV to playback their in-house TV distribution.
Prototyping of TV Applications
The German broadcaster Westdeutscher Rundfunk (WDR) uses LiveOn TV for prototyping content distribution with DVB-I.
The network operator Media Broadcast uses LiveOn TV for research and demonstrations.
The German Institut für Rundfunktechnik (IRT) uses LiveOn TV for research projects and demonstrations
LiveOn TV runs on the NVIDIA Shield Platform
We mainly develop and test our LiveOn TV application on the NVIDIA Shield TV Pro platform. This Android TV device comes with a high-performance chipset which ensures that the application, as well as HbbTV applications, run with unmatchable speed.
- Very good availability in retail stores
- High performance CPU for incredibly fast application behaviour
- Remote control connected via Bluetooth
- Alternatively control via the TV using the CEC protocol is possible
- Runs Android Oreo which includes the new Android TV Launcher
- Ethernet connector for stable delivery of high-bitrate media streams
Customer Specific Solutions
We provide the LiveOn TV application either with the basic feature set or as a customer-specific version. In the basic version, we support live TV via SAT>IP or IPTV, HbbTV, and Teletext. A selection of possible modifications are:
- Support for additional languages
- Specific colour scheme or logos in the UI
- Channel management by regular synchronisation with remote channel lists
- Support of favourite lists and radio channels
- Modified startup behaviour e.g. automatically start the app after boot or stand-by
- Integration of channels delivered via OTT e.g. HLS live streams
License Model and Support
LiveOn TV can be licensed with various models depending on the requested feature set and the number of deployed devices. Furthermore, we offer a support and maintenance contingent to assist you with the bring up and operation. To request more information about license conditions and prices, please use our contact form.