TV Experience on Android TV
Consumers nowadays expect their media devices to offer a wide range of VOD services, apps and games. With Android TV many of the possibilities users know from their tablets and smartphones are now available on a TV set. With Google TV Services (GTVS), Google provides many important features like Google Play Store, YouTube and Voice Search. The classic TV experience is embedded in Android TV as a TV application which can be used with all the other applications to create a rich user experience.
How We Help
We provide all the components and support you need to realise a TV experience on Android TV devices – this includes well-known features like HbbTV, Subtitles and Teletext. As a company based in Munich, in the heart of Europe, we offer those open communication, solutions orientation and flexibility you require for your product to become successful.
Inaris DVB/IPTV Middleware
Inaris is integrated in the Android TV Input Framework (TIF), Google’s framework for TV functionality. We also provide a full featured DVB/IPTV Java API that can be used in combination with TIF.
Combine DVB/IPTV with OTT
OTT is getting more and more important for features such as Replay TV and Network PVR. With our modular Inaris DVB/IPTV Middleware we provide exactly the features you need for DVB/IPTV reception and integrate it with new OTT services.
Android TV is a complex framework. We support you to find the best way how your product can be realised with Android TV. We adapt and extend our software stack to fit your requirements. For many years we also have specialised in TV user interfaces.
- TV Application is an Android application that uses the OIPF for Android API in addition with Google’s TV Input Framework for TV functionality.
- TV Input Framework (TIF) is part of Google’s Android TV SDK that can be used to for TV functionality.
- OIPF for Android is our standardised JAVA API to our Inaris DVB/IPTV Middleware that let you access to all TV features.
- TV Input Service is implemented using the OIPF for Android API to provide TV features to Android TVs TV Input Framework.
- Android Application Framework is Google’s standard application framework.
- Android System Libraries are Android’s native libraries that are part of Android’s runtime environment.
- Inaris DVB/IPTV Middleware is our middleware for all TV functions.
- Linux is Android’s Linux distribution.
- Hardware is the device on which all SW components run. Our Inaris DVB/IPTV Middleware uses an Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) to support different hardware platforms.
LiveOn TV Application
LiveOn TV is our sample TV application for Android and Android TV.
- Starting point for development projects based on our Inaris DVB/IPTV Middleware on Android and Android TV
- Written in JAVA using the Leanback library and available in source code
- Application source illustrates how to access the Inaris DVB/IPTV Middleware via the OIPF for Android API
Why Work with Us?
Full access to strategic software
With us as a partner, you have access to all strategic DVB/IPTV software components in source code and you can control the application development process.
We know the European TV market
As a Munich-based company, you have a local partner in Europe, who understands your needs and can respond to new requirements and changed priorities on short notice.
Reduce your time-to-market
We use our Inaris DVB/IPTV software components which are deployed in millions of CE devices also with Android TV. With us you will reach product launch quickly and safely.
What Are The Benefits of Your Customers?
Customers will be delighted with robust software. Daily automated tests are, of course, a matter for us.
The full variety of the Android world
Apps, media libraries, HbbTV applications, games, all seamlessly transferred to the linear TV world.
A brilliant user experience
Our expertise in embedded GUIs means even the most discerning smartphone users will be satisfied, and their confidence in your brand will grow.
Research and Development
We constantly improve and develop our product in order to keep abreast of leading-edge technology.
Success Story: Quickline UHD Android TV STB
Quickline provides a hybrid UHD Android TV STB with DVB-C, OTT streaming for time-shifted TV, Replay TV, Network PVR, VoD and radio services. TARA contributes its TV middleware including the playback of DVB and OTT services as well as the communication with the backend servers.