Inaris DVB / IPTV Solution
Inaris is a modular solution for DVB/IPTV and can be used in all kinds of devices supporting TV functionality. It includes popular features like PVR, HbbTV, EPG, Teletext, Subtitling or SAT>IP.
This page provides general information about the Inaris DVB/IPTV Solution which has been used in many deployments. For details regarding the usage of our Turnkey Solution for set-top boxes, Inaris on Android TV or the Reference Application LiveOn TV see the dedicated pages:
Shorten Your Time-to-Market
To allow the usage of different GUI technologies.
Reduced porting effort due to an abstraction layer for operating system and hardware.
To accelerate your project development, our turnkey solution TVolution for STBs is available for Linux/RTOS.
CA System Support
Several CA systems have been integrated and passed the certification process successfully.
Easy Integration and Configuration
To facilitate the deployment and minimise development costs.
Selection of Supported Platforms
Live TV Sources
The Inaris Solution allows a wide variety of input sources for linear TV. Supporting broadcast as well as broadband (IPTV and OTT) reception, it enables the usage also within hybrid devices.
Terrestrial / Cable / Satellite
OTT Video Streaming
Single Cable Distribution
CA System Support
We and our customers have integrated several CA systems:
Automatic and Manual
Favourite Lists, LCN
Picture in Picture
incl. Local Replay TV
Consumer Electronics Control
Grid and List View
Streaming Live TV & Recordings
System Software Update
in DVB Systems
- Application includes the user interface. With TVolution TARA offers a STB turnkey solution which is used in several Linux and RTOS based products. For Android deployments we provide our reference application LiveOn TV.
- Inaris DVB/IPTV Core covers the core TV functionality incl. channel scan, channel management, EPG, parental control and PVR.
- CA Systems interface and rights management enables integration of content protection systems.
- Inaris Abstraction Layer enables a flexible solution running on different platforms. It consists of a Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) and an OS Abstraction Layer (OSAL).
- Hardware Layer is provided from SoC manufacturer and extended by specific drivers of the HW vendor. It includes OS (e.g. Linux), drivers and codecs.